Toggle Anchors/ 6 Pak, Our Most Popular Grab Bar Mounting Anchors for all our Grab Bars.
Toggle Bolts: - Our most popular hollow wall grab bar anchor - 6 Pak
"Installation anchor option for all of our grab bars"
1) Holds up to 238 pounds in 1/2" drywall and 356 pounds in 5/8" drywall
2) New longer and stronger plastic straps that now work in base materials 3/8" to 3-5/8" thick and will not break prematurely like other plastic straps.*
3) Straps that snap off flush with the wall every time, assuring precise alignment
4) Plating is 7x more corrosion-resistant than B633-85 Type III/Sc 1 government spec zinc plating
5) The trivalent zinc plating on ALL of the SNAPTOGGLE anchors is RoHS-compliant.
6) Typically used for drywall and tile installations
*When used with longer fasteners.
- Smallest drill hole for each bolt size—1/4" wing toggle needs 50% larger hole
- High strength - holds up to 2x the load of an old-fashioned wing toggle of same bolt size
- Reusable in same hole - remove the bolt without losing the anchor
- One-person installation - like having an extra pair of hands behind the wall
- Insulation pushed aside by metal channel
- Does NOT destroy wall or ceiling—plastic cap & metal channel centers bolt & prevents abrasion
Some grab bar installation directions call for three screws per flange, which works fine for mounting on studs. But drilling that many 1/2-in holes in plain drywall may weaken the wall enough for the mounting area to break off. Instead, use two heavy-duty toggle-bolt anchors placed in the upper half of the flange with the metal channels positioned vertically. You can use three anchors per flange in tile over drywall and in plaster walls—particularly plaster over lath—because both are stronger than plain drywall.
Toggle Bolt PDF
Back to Mounting Hardware Main Page: Click Here